CyberScout announced today that OneBeacon Insurance has selected the company to provide identity theft resolution assistance and proactive education to its customers.
The new program is available at no additional charge to all OneBeacon homeowners insurance policyholders. Should they become victims of identity theft, they can take advantage of CyberScout's industry-leading services to guide them through the complex process of restoring credit. The consumer education component delivers ongoing threat alerts, a monthly newsletter, and a dedicated web site with articles, interviews, and white papers covering all aspects of this crime.
"We take very seriously the trust our policyholders place in us," said Alex Archimedes, head of OneBeacon Personal Lines. "Living up to that trust means continuously finding new and innovative ways to protect them. Partnering with CyberScout enables us to provide a safety net against this rapidly growing threat."
"OneBeacon is well known in the insurance industry and the states where they do business for their pioneering approaches to meeting the needs of their policyholders," said CyberScout CEO Sheryl Christenson. "We're pleased and proud to join with them in providing this assistance."
The CyberScout victim resolution and education service provides:
- A personal advocate who works with the victim one-on-one until the crisis has been resolved
- Systematic notification of agencies, businesses and institutions
- Comprehensive case file creation
- Preparation of all needed documents
- Credit reports from all three credit bureaus
- Threat alerts and consumer education
- One year of credit monitoring and fraud monitoring
- A full year of follow-up alerts, phone calls and status checks to avoid recurrence