Our children are growing up with the internet, computers and mobile phones. This early exposure brings tremendous convenience, but it also puts them—and families—at a greater risk for cyber threats, according to a new survey from the Identity Theft Resource Center and CyberScout. In addition to school dances and driver’s licenses, young people face dangerous new rites of passage in the form of phishing attacks, cyber bullying and identity theft.
In this webinar, our panelists discuss how the survey results shed light on kids’ social media habits and how parents monitor online behavior. You’ll gain:
- A clear picture of the cyber threats facing families today
- Proactive and reactive measures to outsmart cyber criminals
- Elements of good cyber hygiene
- Strategies for educating children about online dangers
- A list of the most common methods of attack—and how to defend against them